San Diego January 2007

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Whew!

More visits with friends, more museums at Balboa Park, more sight seeing at favorite places.... I am ready to go home though. I miss my kitty cats and my house (especially my own bed). My mother emailed Dom, all excited when she read that we might buy a condo here. She said, "You can't move back to San Diego without me," and mentioned that she'd even maybe be willing to get a full time job here. But, no, we will not be moving back here. Mom is partially retired and she's worked her butt off for enough years. She should enjoy taking some time off.

Mom, if you're reading this, we won't have bad winters every year! Most of the time Colorado is beautiful and I am not willing to get a full time job in order to move back to San Diego.

Wherever Dom and I go, we always fantasize about buying a second home there. Soon, we'll actually buy one. The way I feel today, it will probably be a small condo in San Diego but we could change our minds. Only time (and a budget evaluation!) will tell. A lot of people we talked to here are actually jealous of our new lifestyle, becasue we don't have to work so much and we can work on personally fulfilling projecxts. There's no perfect place and finding your best niche is all about priorities and compromise.

Tomorrow after breakfast, we head off to Las Vegas where we'll be spending one night on the way home. We'll get home Friday, catch up on things over the weekend, and get back to the regular routine on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home