San Diego January 2007

Thursday, January 11, 2007

We've arrived

We've arrived at Carole's B&B in North Park. The trip was uneventful. I'll post more later, after we get some photos off of our cameras. We passed by Mira Mesa Bouldevard on the way here, and had to take a detour to see our old condo. Damn, I wish we still lived here. But there's no way we could afford it unless we both got full-time jobs. Not going to happen.

Edited.....
OK, got the cameras set up. Here is a picture of our old condo. I forgot how pretty it is here in winter. A few trees have leaves changing color and some have already gone into a winter dormant state, but most plants stay green and many flowering plants bloom in winter. I like snow in winter, but I like flowers in winter better. Click the pictures to see a bigger version.

Here's a shot by the pool. Notice the two trees in the background with flowers. And the pool is open all year. I don't remember if it's heated. There's a laundry room and exercise room by the pool, but all of the condos also had laundry room closets on the back porch. That was the first place Dom & I lived where we did not have to go to the laundromat or laundry room to wash our clothes. We'll never go back. Alas, I will never go back to working a full-time job in a cubicle ever again, so it looks like we'll have to stay in Colorado where we can afford to live and to have a life at the same time. (No offence to our friends in Colorado. You are great. But I just don't love CO the way I love CA.)

As I said, the trip was uneventful. We made it all the way here with clear blue skies, although it's cloudy and a little drizzly here in San Diego tonight. At least we did not see any falling snow or icy roads en route. We brought our Sony PSP so we could watch recorded TV and movies in the car, and Dom got some great photos of scenery on the way and he'll be posting a complete photo album. When he gets that done, I'll post a link.

We're both beat, even though Dom does most of the driving because he drives faster than me (which, not incidentally is probably why he gets tickets all the time and I never do). More tomorrow. I teach a knitting class tomorrow afternoon but the morning is free. We might meet with a friend or go to Balboa Park, which is right around the corner from the B&B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home